LYEAC owns a medium term residential facility known as Lion Clyde Smith House in Strathpine. Our Management Partner operates this 5-bedroom facility providing a fully supervised range of services to youth aged between 11 and 17 years of age.
The sole referring agency is the Department of Child Safety, Communities, and Disability Services.
Currently LYEAC, in partnership with IFYS Ltd, operates a medium term residential facility known as Clyde House. This 5 bedroom facility provides a range of services to children and young people aged between 11 and 17. The property is located in the Brisbane north suburb of Strathpine. Pictures of the building of Clyde House.(PowerPoint ) (PDF)
Children and young people referred to Clyde House are:
- In receipt of out of home care through the Department of Child Safety, Communities and Disabilities Services;
- Have experienced or are at risk of experiencing multi placement breakdown;
- Require intensive support beyond that which can be expected from traditional care.
The sole referring agency is the Queensland Department of Child Safety, Communities and Disabilities Services.
Clyde House referrals have:
- Often experienced physical, emotional and sexual abuse;
- Trauma and alienation;
- Demonstrated conduct disorders including: Opposition Defiance Disorder (ODD), Attention Deficit/Hyperactivity Disorder (ADHD), Difficulties with Impulse Control (dis-inhibition) Obsessive-Compulsive Disorder (OCD); Aspergers Syndrome (AS) etc;
- Experienced mental illnesses such as depression;
- Experienced learning difficulties;
- Demonstrated a capacity to self harm.
Services provided by Clyde House are:
- Access to specialist external support such as psychologists, psychiatrists, mediators, behavioral management specialists, social workers and educators;
- Social skills development;
- Conflict Resolution;
- Life skills training including budgeting, cooking, cleaning and hygiene;
- Goal setting;
- Behavioral modification training such as decision therapy, etc.
Clyde House utilises a client centred approach in its service delivery including the shared development and implementation of individualized case plans.
Clyde House Management:
Clyde House is a partnership between LYEAC and the IFYS Ltd.
All operational facets of Clyde House service delivery including budgetary development and control, operational planning and implementation, staff employment and induction, training and supervision, policy and procedures development, quality assurance, licensing compliance and resourcing, is undertaken by the Child Protection and Support Program of IFYS Ltd.
In January 2018 an additional bedroom has been added to Clyde House to provide more emergency accommodation.
LYEAC is responsible for all aspects of property management, fundraising and in conjunction with IFYS, ensures that the purpose and aims of Clyde House are maintained and its strategic direction is adhered to.